Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mom-Stuff News

Mom-Stuff Tip of the Week Newsletter


04/05/10

Tip of the Week

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

News and Up-dates

I hope you all had a Happy Easter. Do you need some ideas for all those hard boiled eggs from your Easter celebration? Visit Mom-Stuff.com for some great ones. Easter Recipes http://www.mom-stuff.com/public/117.cfm

New Resources we have added to Mom-Stuff for your help and enjoyment.

Top 10 Decluttering Strategies For the Busy Family by Manon Leroux http://www.mom-stuff.com/public/260.cfm


Twelve Tips for a Happier Family by Dr. Louise Hart http://www.mom-stuff.com/public/256.cfm


Self Improvement

What do you say when you talk to yourself? Do you use empowering words or self defeating words?

Do you use the words "can't", "won't", "don't need to", "why try"? Do you “should” yourself? I should do this. I should feel this way. I shouldn’t feel this way.

Many people do.

Do you find that what you say to yourself turns out to be true?

Why is this?

You see your brain is like a computer that you imput data into each day. The subconscious mind doesn’t' know what's real or not. It takes the information you give it and brings it into your life. Without judgment.

Example: If someone you love has left you. You may tell yourself that all people you love will leave and hurt you too.

Your brain just files this information for reference, it's data. It does not know if the information is "true or not true?" Now your brain thinks, based on what you told it, that everyone you'll ever love will leave and hurt you.

How do you think you will respond the next time you start to fall in love?

Right!! You will avoid getting hurt and run away. Or you will bring partners into your life that will fulfill your believe. You will feel abandon each time you lose someone in your life.

There has got to be a better plan.

Now, what if you instead told your subconscious mind:

"Okay this person ripped my heart out and stomped on it. I am really hurting, I am sad and angry… - but that's only one person. I'm lovable and have many loving people in my life. I know that the right people come into my life at the right time. I will be honest with my feelings of sorrow and anger. I will allow them sometime and then I will let them go. I know that people come and leave my life for a reason and a season."

Words can be empowering.

I can

I love

I will

I am

We can reach a new level of living, if we feed ourselves with empowering words and practice saying them until they become a habit.

This takes practice. I know firsthand that it takes time. And I also know that it's worth it.

Catch yourself saying, "I can't", when you don't really mean it and instead try, "I can", and see how you think and feel about yourself.

Remember, the words you use to empower yourself will have a lasting effect, only if you practice them and they become a habit (an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary).

They say it takes at least 28 days to develop a habit. After a week, you will see that it becomes easier. It's a mindset and you can control your thoughts. Be proactive and not reactive - give yourself some good words.

Dream big and empower yourself! Believe you can and you will.

Have a wonderful week. Thanks for being a part of the mom-stuff community. We believe in Moms helping Moms and we are so glad you are a part of our circle. We want to hear from you. What can we do to help enrich your life? What can you offer to other Moms? Give us your comments. We really do want to create a community for you. Email me Dianne@mom-stuff.com

Please feel free to share this newsletter with people you think may enjoy it. When doing so, please forward it in its entirety, including our contact and copyright information. Thanks and enjoy! If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you want to sign up to make sure you do not miss out on the tips, updates or fun, sign up at www.mom-stuff.com. Or you can follow mom-stuff here:

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/dianne_momstuff

Follow us at http://www.mom-stuffcommunity.blogspot.com/

Sign up for our Newsletter to make sure you do not miss any up dates at Mom-Stuff.com http://www.mom-stuff.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment