Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day.
It is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service. Memorial Day is a day when we pause to give thanks to the people who fought for the things we have.
It is a time when families and friends get together for BBQs  to celebrate the lives lived and sacrificed for our freedom.
My Father served in WWII, My children’s fathers in the Viet Nam war, my son served in the army at the Pentagon and my son-in-law is getting ready so deploy for his second tour in Irac. I AM Proud to be an American and I AM Thankful for the lives given in service so we can enjoy a country with so much opportunity to be all that we can be.
Wishing you a Memorial Weekend with wonderful moments to cherish the freedom we have and to give thanks to the people who sacrifice so much for it. Remember the service men and woman in your prayers and help their families while they are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment